Shop, Process, Refund.
Easy as 1, 2, 3.
With our 3 simple steps, you’ll be in and out with
more time to shop, dine, and enjoy Texas!
(Average customer processing time 10-15 minutes.)
ProcessProcess your refund at any of our locations.
11 Convenient Locations
- Purchased Merchandise for inspection (new and unused)*
- Original Receipts
- Passport / Visa/ INE
- I-94/ Entry Stamp / ESTA / Global Entry / I-95*
- Flight or Transportation Information
U.S. Citizens may process only at airport locations on the date of departure from Texas and must provide an airline boarding pass. See FAQ for more info.
*Foreign Flight Crew will need to provide their passport and I-95 Crewman’s Landing Permit.
*Original documents must be present at the time of processing. No photocopies or pictures.
- $12 in sales tax required per physical store location*
- Receipts: Must be the final proof of sale provided by the store to the consumer, whether they are in physical or electronic format, that is not marked as duplicate, reprint or as an internal store copy.
- Receipts must be from our Participating Stores List.
- All receipts must show that the sale was made in a Texas store or shipped to a Texas address, date of purchase, amount of Texas sales tax charged and paid, and purchased item description.
- Online orders must be shipped to a Texas address or picked up in a Texas store.
- For online order pick up purchases, please print a copy of your emailed receipt to include with the retailer receipt provided to you.
- *Per Texas State Law – All merchandise must be new and unused prior to exportation, and must be exported within 30 days of purchase.
- **Multiple receipts from the same physical store location can be grouped together to make up the $12 minimum of Texas sales tax.
- If processing at an airport; Visit TaxFree Shopping BEFORE checking in your luggage.
- A TaxFree Shopping representative must physically see the merchandise and the original sales receipts.
- Purchases must be taken with you when you depart Texas and the USA.
- Items being EXPORTED out of the country are the only items eligible for Texas sales tax refunds.
- Food or services are not eligible for a sales tax refund.
RefundReceive your refund by Cash, Check or PayPal, less our processing fee.
Check your refund status
Instant Cash: You receive 50% of the total tax processed. No additional fees or store charges.
Cash refunds are subject to availability and refund maximum is unlimited upon request. If your sales tax total is over $5,000 please reach out to us to ensure we can accommodate your request or make a processing appointment.
Check or Paypal: You receive 65% of the total tax processed, minus $4 per store location.
Approximate timeframe to receive your refund is 3-6 months. Please contact
us for updates on your refund status by emailing email@example.com. Please include your
If you would like to use PayPal, please create your account here.